Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Anticipation

...
In Eugene, at my dad's house, packing food boxes.

It is kind of amazing to me how this big pile of miscellaneous candy bars freeze-dried food and other outdoor equipment has magically transformed into eight convenient boxes. I'm doing a combination of mailing supplies and buying as I go on this trip, and I have A total of 11 boxes that will give me from Mexico through Oregon. In Oregon I'll reassess what my tastes are and buy food and send the remaining boxes from my brothers house in Portland.

The past few nights I've woken up in the middle of the night with random worries those night fears that haunt you. But when I wake up and keep on with my tasks I'm finding that it's all coming together so I'm optimistic. My loaded pack with the first three days food to give me to Mount Laguna weighs 20 pounds. I'm sure that there will be some sorting out as I get going but that seems pretty reasonable as a start.



No comments:

Post a Comment