Wednesday, September 9, 2015

A rough day

Sunday Sept 6
2200 vertical feet
10.87 miles

My worst day - by far - on the trail. This was like a replay of my last hiking day on Oregon, only much worse. 

It started out well. Last night a Southbounder came by and stopped for the night. His name is Orange Crush, and he has already through hiked the AT this year and should be reaching Mexico by the end of sept. Plus, no hitching, boots on the ground the whole way. And he's a nice guy. 

I slept well and the trail out of camp wasn't too bad. But once again no energy. I would walk 100' stop for a minute, and walk another 100'. I began to worry if I was going to make it out. 

Some other hikers came by and I realized I'm trying for 17 miles day in the roughest section. So I decided to stop early. Shorter days means I won't make my resupply in time, but I can come off the trail earlier if I need to. 

Overall I feel tired, especially when going uphill. So I'm camped early at Diaz creek.     It's a beautiful spot and I hope things improve tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment